Aquino on Duterte's war on drugs: Parang wala naman yatang nangyari


Manila- Former Pres Benigno Aquino lll on Tuesday questioned the effectiveness of the Duterte administration against War on Drugs, he said his administration did not launch all -out war but was able reduce the numbers of illegal Drug users.

"Ang gusto ko lang po sabihin,nung kami 1.8million ; tapos sa isang taon nito na may all-out na kampanyan laban sa ilegal drugs, 1.8 million pa rin ang sinasabi ng survey at survey na nila yan"

he said to the reporters in a ambush interview in Manila Memorial Park where a mass for his late mother, former Pres Corazon Aquino, was held

(All i can say in my term , there have been 1.8 million drug users. Now, despite of an all-out campaign against to illegal drugs, there are still 1.8 million drug users according to a government survey.)

"So para malaman natin kung success ba or failed , kailangan meron tayong mai-compare . sa English, apples to apples: Ano ba yung status ng war on drugs? ano ba yung statistika?," he said

Noting again that his last records in 2015 said there were 1.8 million users and the information from 2016's end also said there had been 1.8 million users, Aquino said: "Parang wala yatang nangyari." He said

Pressed if he believes this means President Rodrigo Duterte' anti-drug pressure is ineffective, Aquino said: "Hindi ko alam pero mas maganda kung maipapaliwanag kung bakit pareho lang yung mga numero"

Aquino additionally expressed his "questions" at the circumstances surrounding the bloody raid in
Ozamiz City, Misamis Occidental that left the city mayor and 14 others dead.

He noted that a newspaper document said sixteen police operatives were present during the raid and about 15 people had been killed from the camp of slain Mayor Reynaldo "Aldong" Parojinog Sr.

"Eh halos tabla lang yung numero , tabla yung numero . naka-kubli kung pinutukan sila kaagad sabihin na natin na kumubli yung mga nasa loob ,medyo dapat ata mas madami ang mga sugatan sa mga lumusob,"he said

Binigyang diin ni Aquino na ang kanyang mga pagdududa ay mga tanong lamang na lumulutang sa kanyang isip habang nagbabasa siya ng mga ulat ng balita.

"Yung sa akin , ulitin ko lang, tanong lang ito. Wala naman ako dun, wala akong nakausap na testigo dun, pero kaagad, mapapa-isip nalang kasi ang dami nga nitong patay, parang minimal na minimal yung puwersang pumasok, parang na-achieve nang husto yung tinatawag na surprise," he said.

"Pero ayon naman sa ulat nila, wala yatang surpise dahil nagkaron pa raw ng dayalogo. So paano mangyayari yun? Tulad ng sinuman, curios lang ako," He said

Parojinog Sr., who was one of the local goverment officials named in Duterte's narco-list, has killed in a sequence of raids in San Roque Lawis, Ozamiz metropolis early Sunday at the side of 14 others. Their camp allegedly resisted after they were served 6 search warrants for firearms at around 2:30 a.m.

His daughter, Vice Mayor Nova Princess Parojinog, in the meantime became arrested at some point of the operation and became detained in the Ozamiz police office. She and her brother had been transferred to Camp Crame.


SOURCE: News.Abs-Cbn
Previous
Next Post »